Freshman student Michael Savage Jr. was fatally shocked last year at the power plant of a Delaware County trade school. According to the Philadelphia Daily News, his parents Laurie and Michael Savage Sr. have filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades last week over their 18-year-old son's death.
Savage's parents argued that their son did not have the right equipment and was not properly trained when he was sent to work on an energized commercial light fixture. Savage and a fellow student had removed the old wiring from the fixture and put a type of metal cable in its place. Savage wound up shocked when he tried to plug the light fixture into a portable cord reel.